Happy Thursday! A day of doing just about nothing was EXACTLY what I needed yesterday. I feel nearly human again today! Incredible what sleep will do for you – though I didn’t nap. Just rested and puttered around the house. Today is going to be a good day – don’t you just feel that it will?
Operating Room Nurse Day – have you ever had surgery? The nurse who is there for you through the whole thing is so very important! Not only do they help the surgeon, but they offer comfort before and after the surgery. I’ve had really awesome nurses every time I’ve had surgery, and can tell you, they deserve this special day. I know that they deal with a lot in their job, and as such, full appreciation of it is very important! By thanking an operating room nurse you could be helping THEM know that what they do is important and not taken for granted.
Loosen Up, Lighten Up Day – It is sort of sad that we need a dedicated day to remind us to loosen up and relax, isn’t it? This celebration encourages people to let go of their stresses and spend time just enjoying things that make them happy. Here are some suggestions that may help every day:
– Having a laugh releases feel-good hormones, improves your immune system and reduces stress
– Naps improve productivity and reduce stress
– Regular physical activity releases endorphins which improves circulation, mood and reduces stress
– Adequate amounts of sleep reduces blood pressure, risk of heart disease, helps maintain a healthy body weight, and (you guessed it), reduces stress
A few suggestions for Loosen Up and Lighten Up Day:
– Take a walk or go for a hike
– Pay a surprise visit to a friend
– Joke around with people
– Plan a special evening out after work with a significant other, family or friends
– Make time to read a favorite book or watch a favorite movie
– Take a vacation day from work, sleep in and let the day decide where to take you!
This Day In History –
1832 – The first streetcar went into operation.
1968 – Yale University goes Co-ed.
Food Celebration of the Day –
National Pickle Day – I love pickles, especially those really crisp dill pickles that give a nice crunch when you bite into them. I like sweet pickles OK but the dills are wonderful. Pickles seems to be one of those things that people either love, or hate, Sour, sweet, savory or hot . . they come in all sorts of flavors! You can apparently even buy deep-fried pickles when you are at the fair! I’ve never tried them, but who knows? I might some time. What I DIDN’T realize was how many dishes you can make with pickle juice!
- Refrigerator Kosher Dill Pickles
- Dill Pickle Soup
- Meatloaf With Dill Pickle Sauce
- Fried Dill Pickles
- Dill Pickle Dip
- Dill Pickle Potato Salad
- Pickle Cheese Melt
Well, it’s time to head off to work! I’m looking forward to getting there today! That may sound silly to some people, but I really do enjoy my job. God Bless You and I’ll see you tomorrow!